Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer reading

Well during the summer I don't really read very much unless my dad and I have a competition of who reads the book faster and who comprehends it the best. But I know if I want my reading skills to get better than I need to read. I know later in my life I am going to have to read Shakespeare so I figure why not read more. The next most famous book by Shakespeare would probably be "Hamlet". I am planning on reading Hamlet or any other Shakespeare book that I encounter.

A second book I would like to read would be a present day book. All year we have been reading Charles Dickens and all these old novels and plays of which the writers aren't even alive so maybe a book written by someone that isn't six feet under. Luckily for me I have never seen any of the "Lord of the Rings" movies and I would like to get into a nice series of books that will occupy some of my time.

3 comments:

  1. Well the books you chose seem really hard to read for someone who doesn't read in the summer, but if you do want to improve your reading you should read the Lord of The Rings. But just to tell you JRR Tolkien is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty awesome books minus Hamlet. I doubt you will enjoy Hamlet, or even finish it either.

    ReplyDelete