Wednesday, June 16, 2010

End of year blog!

At the beginning of the year Mrs. Gilman said that we were going to the computer lab to do a blog. I sounded really cool and I was pretty pumped because I am pretty tech savvy and anything involved with computers is always fun. And I was right it was pretty fun until I started forgetting about the blog. Looking back on my first blog post I can tell that my writing skills have greatly developed. I have longer sentences, more detail, more sophistimicated words (haha), and I have a better ability to go in depth on my thoughts. Also in my first blog I said that I don't like books without action, yet most of the books this year that we have read have had little action and still the imagery hooks me in. Being able to watch the book as a movie in a sense. What I mean is when I'm reading the book, there is no words there is just a crystal clear image in my head.

When I look at all of the posts that I have made over the course of the year, there is one word in about 50% of the titles that sticks out, and that word is "motif". As you said in one of your previous blog posts we have heard and seen the word motif more than we could imagine. But I think that is what this blog is about. At the beginning of the year I knew none of the words like theme, motif, imagery, all the poetry terms, etc.... My vocabulary has increased so much more because of when we analyze the feelings of the characters and the meaning of the literary devices in the book. And when we do these blogs it kind of keeps you on track for the next week when we talk about the "Treasure Island" motif, or the "Mockingbird" theme.

Another thing the blog has made and helped me do is talk about my thoughts. I think they call it blogging because when a character speaks in a comic a little "blog" so to speak pops up above their head and that can be what they are thinking or what they are saying. Some of the blogs you have asked us to do are personal, yet still relating to indirect characterization and flashbacks and foreshadowing. Like the life lesson blog and the best friend blog. It helps us appreciate our knowledge and our friends that we have in our life.

I think the best idea about the blog was having us comment on each others blogs every week because it joins our class more as a whole. Ill read Sam Meyer's or Quinn Mau's post and just have to make a smart Alec comment on their blog and the next day we will be laughing about it. Like when you told us to do the blog about us where we write the blog and you think "Oh that is so_______" Quinn put a bunch of periods and I said "Way to make the blog longer by using periods." And the next day we were laughing about it (at least I was).

A quote that represents me is "I get knocked down and I get up again." By Chumbawamba. I say this because my grade was really horrible in your class at the start of the 2nd semester and Id be in the car on a Saturday thinking about school and I would just nearly tear up because I had forgot to do the blog, which ultimately lowered my grade. But the next week I would take that extra credit opportunity and then do my blog and make up those points. This has also happened to me with many other assignments in other classes.

Well it's been a great year and I hope to see you next year in the halls or maybe in a class, I don't know what your doing next year so I can't say. It's been a fun blog but THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment